Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Double the Pleasure, Double the Fun

Everyone asks if having two is much more difficult than just having one. And yes, it's more work, more money, more a lot of things, but it's also more fun. Each boy had their own dose of fun last night - or at least fun for Mommy & Daddy.

Mason - our neighbor brought over some tomatoes from her garden while Mitch & Mason cut grass. I set them on the table in our backyard. Miles Avery fell asleep while we were outside, so I went to put him in his crib. As I approached the back door to return outside, I could hear Mason crying. I opened the door and saw that his mouth was wide open and it was red inside - you probably can see where I'm headed, but recently, Mason has busted his lip several times, so when I saw red, I assumed it was blood. Then I saw the tomato sitting on the table with a big bite taken out of it. It all made sense: bloody mouth = bite of tomato, hysterical crying = first taste of fresh tomato.

Miles Avery - Mitch was dressing Miles Avery for bed and I heard lots of noise coming from his room. I couldn't quite make out the sound, but then I realized what it was - big, giant, baby laughter. Mitch had found a ticklish spot on Miles Avery and it was cracking both of them up.

So yes, more children equals more work, money, etc, but it also equals lots more fun!

P.S. Mason also learned the phrase "Tut tut, looks like rain" from the Winnie the Pooh story we read yesterday afternoon and he repeated it throughout the evening - very cute!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

So funny Mason tried the tomato...Abigail did the same thing today for the first time! She told me she wanted an apple that she had seen on the counter. It was actually a tomato. I tried to explain to her, but when I handed it to her, she took a bite out of it. She loved it though and ate it all the way around like an apple. Wish I had taken a picture of it!

Anonymous said...

What a great reminder, Melissa! Sometimes I get so caught up in just the "taking care of" part I forget to have fun and let them be kids.

keri said...

thats what i do when i bite into a tomato. ick! cute stories.