Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Georgia On My Mind

Whew - road trip to Carrollton today with my mom and my boys. This was Miles Avery's first "trip" and he survived - barely! My mom said that she'd never met a baby who didn't like to ride in the car - well, meet Miles! He hates being in his carseat, therefore hates riding in the car. We had a great visit with my mom's friend, but the ride home was a little exhausting - no nap for Mason and Miles Avery just being himself in the car - both boys produced a lot of volume - the crying kind. As we drove past Six Flags, I could see the giant rides and I longingly wished I was on one - alone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I abhor travelling long distances with the kids-and my boys never sleep, so there's usually crying, fighting and general discomfort for all!

Anonymous said...

We travel with food, lots and lots of food. And when that doesn't work we roll the windows down and turn the volume up so loud we can't hear them. (They really don't like that :) )

keri said...

hopefully miles will grown out of that stage of hating his carseat and riding in the car!! i sure hope so for your sanity. i remember with ella we used to avoid coming to a complete stop at red lights....we would slow down and try to keep moving if at all possible. cuz if we came to a complete stop...it wasn't pretty.

Michelle said...

I had one (#2) that hated to ride in the car! It was a major change of lifestyle for us because #1 loved nothing more than to hop in and go! Hope it gets better.

Have a wonder filled weekend!