Tuesday, August 08, 2006

"Preserving the past, enriching the present, and inspiring hope for the future"

Okay, so I'm not sure it's all that, but I do love to scrapbook. I've been doing it since high school - before there was really a name and a gigantic purpose behind it. But the problem is - I'm very behind. When I was working on Mason's book - I stayed very current - I had a system - but after his first birthday - I had trouble figuring out a new system and while I was in limbo, the pictures piled up and now it's going to take a major feat for me to get caught up. Our church has "First Friday" where you can come and do any craft you'd like, unfortunately, my craft of choice last Friday was chit-chat. But all is not lost - I did get inspired and worked on several pages yesterday while the boys napped. I think I had forgotten how much I love to play with my pictures - getting them into just the right layout, trying to recreate the moment/memory (the picture above is from a trip that I need to get to work on). I hope this new inspiration lasts long enough for me to catch up some!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I actually liked to scrapbook!I not only have pictures waiting to be put into albums but many, many rolls of film waiting to be developed! You sound like you're at least making progress!

keri said...

oh that reminds me of our scrapbooking weekend when you would get all flustered over your pages!! glad you are getting into it again...i need some motivation, really wish we could go back to bonclarken!!