
This week, four years ago, Mitch and I were cruising and visiting Disney World. It was our fifth wedding anniversary and last big hurrah before starting our little family. I remember during that trip we'd say stuff like, "once we have kids, we won't do be able to this anymore" fill in the blank - sleeping late, lounging around doing nothing at all, etc. We were married six years before we had children. It was supposed to be seven until I did the math and figured out how old I would be when we did start having kids and freaked out - so we backed the plan up a bit. But we still called it the seven year plan. It gave us an easy out when we were first married and ever

yone asked when (not if) we were going to have children. The original plan was to wait seven years to decide - the plan got tweaked now and again! I've heard folks say that they can't remember what it was like before they had children - how odd? It was a great stage of our lives - being newlyweds, learning to relate to each other as husband and wife. But the parenting stage is equally as exciting - just different, as I'm sure the stages to follow will be.
3 comments:
You guys are so cute and I love your short "look"!
you guys look great all fancied up! and we were on that same boat (sovereign of the seas) last october!
Of course Keri was on the same boat (since she gets to go on vacation everyother week) can you tell I'm jelous? You guys are too cute all pretty and everything.
Post a Comment