I should know better. I am a mother of two boys. I pride myself on being a good mother to two boys even though I myself am a girl. For over two years now, I've navigated the ins and outs of boys and "boy stuff." I have successfully cared for two circumcisions and changed millions of boy diapers. So why I was surprised today when Miles Avery peed all over the changing table, the new diaper I was readying for him and his manly "lavender" wall, I'll never know. But he thought it was pretty funny to watch Mommy scramble around, cleaning up his boy "offering."
...that's how my family used to be described by my then four year old son (he's the medium one, baby brother is small, daddy is big and guess who - mommy - is the girl).
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
The Stream
I should know better. I am a mother of two boys. I pride myself on being a good mother to two boys even though I myself am a girl. For over two years now, I've navigated the ins and outs of boys and "boy stuff." I have successfully cared for two circumcisions and changed millions of boy diapers. So why I was surprised today when Miles Avery peed all over the changing table, the new diaper I was readying for him and his manly "lavender" wall, I'll never know. But he thought it was pretty funny to watch Mommy scramble around, cleaning up his boy "offering."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Come on Melissa, tell me this isn't the first time! Tyler peed in my face and then when I screamed and turned away he peed in his own face. Boys are the best, plus it's not so bad to be the queen of the house.
Ah, yes, it all sounds very familiar! Just wait until they start "sword fighting"!
oh we were quite shocked how much pee went flying everywhere when we had evan...much different than a baby girl. we always had the little washcloth handy as a blocker!
Post a Comment