Yesterday, despite mine and Mitch's better judgment, I took Mason for a quick Target run. He'd been in a mood for most of the morning, so I thought an outing before his nap would do him a world of good - wrong, wrong, wrong! He was fine until the shopping cart somehow pinched his finger, then it was the "end of the world." Again, despite better judgment, I continued to shop. When we finally got into the car, I took my friend Sara's advice and just rolled down the windows and turned up the radio - guess what was playing? REM's "It's the end of the world as we know it." I had to smile.That afternoon during naps, I was reading blogs and landed on one written by a mom and her teenage son - she's a widow and she and her son are blogging together at Jonathon's Closet. I was stuck by the smallness of my Target crisis when I read what that family is/has been going through. I know there is no Plan B - God's plan is the plan. But sometimes the plan's path seems fuzzy. I'm glad God puts people (and blogs) in my life to remind me.
2 comments:
i've definitely had trips to the store like that...in fact, i think my worst one that i can remember was one to target. the REM song was so appropriate! and i peeked at that blog you referred to, i'm looking forward to reading some of it later!
He seems to have made it through despite the abuse you let come his way :)I think Target and Walmart are creations by God to grow us in sanctification through our children.
Post a Comment