Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Matchmaker, Matchmaker, Make Me a Match

Flashback, August 1987, Duluth Middle School. Boy meets Girl, Boy falls for Girl, the drama unfolds as only teenage love can. Ten years later, August 1997, Boy & Girl marry. Today, nine years and two children later, we're celebrating our wedding anniversary. I love to scare 8th grade girls - telling them that I met my husband in the very same grade - they are always appalled! But it's true, Mitch and I met in 8th grade and we've been together - for the most part - ever since. Some small bumps in the road, some large - but almost twenty years later, here we are - living to tell our fairy tale story.
Tonight we will go out and recap the last year and plan for the next - the big 10 year mark! Knowing your spouse for over twenty years is a great gift - I knew Mitch before he hit puberty - before his voiced changed, when he and I were the same height! We have decades of blackmail material on each other that we'd never use. He's seen all the bad hair, clothes, etc that a teenage girl goes through. I had the pleasure of watching him become a man - a man of God.
Fiddler on the Roof had Yente - Mitch and I had a more powerful matchmaker and we thank Him everyday for the match that he made in us.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post! You are an incredible woman, and a great wife! Thanks for sharing the past 19 years with me!!! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! We love you all so much and hope you have a great time tonight. Love the pictures.

keri said...

what in the heck is that anonymous comment...already getting junk comments?. ugh. loved the post!!! loved the photos!!! (reminds me of my middle school pic with the laser beams in the background!!) happy anniversary you two. have fun on your date tonight!

Anonymous said...

sniff, sniff...you guys are beautiful! Happy Anniversary!

Melissa said...

Found you through Keri's site. Happy Anniversary!

Melissa said...

I should have clarified my earlier comment...since we share the same name. (And my sister loves Hello Kitty...how funny!)

Melissa @ Breath of Life

Lainey Bug and John Stanley III said...

That is AWESOME! LOVE y'all's story! Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Melissa and Mitch! That is awesome!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary, happy anniversary, happy anniversary to you, to YOU! So cute guys-Congratulation on 19 years and the next 19 and the 19 after that!