I am not an artist - I cannot draw, paint, etc - I can't even stay in the lines when I color. But I love our local pottery place - the kind where you pick your piece, paint it and then they fire it. I've been wanting to take Miles Avery and do his footprints (I did one for Mason, so the pressure is there), but was nervous about taking both boys and attempting this giant artistic feat by myself. Our local place opens early on Thursdays, so this morning I put on my brave mom face and headed out. Usually the mother/daughter team that runs the place are on hand to help. The daughter used to be a neonatal nurse so she makes the best footprints! But alas, neither were there today and their niece wasn't as helpful or nice. But we got everything accomplished with as little drama as possible and we'll pick our stuff up in a week! I let Mason paint the backs of our pottery (to keep him busy) so I'm very curious to see what his artwork looks like - maybe he will be our budding artist!
...that's how my family used to be described by my then four year old son (he's the medium one, baby brother is small, daddy is big and guess who - mommy - is the girl).
Thursday, August 31, 2006
Can You Paint With All the Colors of the Wind?
I am not an artist - I cannot draw, paint, etc - I can't even stay in the lines when I color. But I love our local pottery place - the kind where you pick your piece, paint it and then they fire it. I've been wanting to take Miles Avery and do his footprints (I did one for Mason, so the pressure is there), but was nervous about taking both boys and attempting this giant artistic feat by myself. Our local place opens early on Thursdays, so this morning I put on my brave mom face and headed out. Usually the mother/daughter team that runs the place are on hand to help. The daughter used to be a neonatal nurse so she makes the best footprints! But alas, neither were there today and their niece wasn't as helpful or nice. But we got everything accomplished with as little drama as possible and we'll pick our stuff up in a week! I let Mason paint the backs of our pottery (to keep him busy) so I'm very curious to see what his artwork looks like - maybe he will be our budding artist!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sounds like a fun little outing...one that could contribute to a "good" day! :)
we still need to do this for girl's nite sometime!!
That is such a good idea...I tried to do one of the hand ones that they sell at babies r us and it went seriously awry. There were tears, pan throwing, and a lot of yelling...And Jackson was already sleeping...needless to say I was a little frustrated and NEVER tried it again.
Post a Comment