In the early 90's, I discovered Lisa Loeb - I had her CD and I played it constantly, memorizing every song on the disc. So yesterday when Mitch asked me if I'd had a bad day, I immediately replayed her lyrics to Snow Day in my head. It had nothing to do with my answer for Mitch, but it came to mind anyway (wish I could free up some of that brain space that holds all the song lyrics for a more useful purpose).
What makes a good day good or a bad day bad? I took the boys to the Game Ranch on Monday - big adventure=good day. Yesterday, we stayed home - long day=bad day. Does a day have to have an out-of-the-house activity for me to consider it a good day? Can I not be content inside the home God has provided for me? Last night, when I finally got around to answering Mitch, I told him that it hadn't been a bad day, just a long day. I think it's safe to say that a day without an outside activity is a little longer day than when we venture out. But venturing out has its issues as well (as I discovered at the library today when Mason wouldn't obey and Miles Avery wanted to eat/sleep/wet his diaper all at the same time). Good, bad, long, whatever - all of my days are ordained by God, whatever label I choose to put on them.

4 comments:
It's true...those days at home don't ever seem to be my good days! Last night I told Jon I had absolutely nothing to do today, and I needed him to help me come up with something! I can't stand the thought of just being home all day-it seems too boring. So Abigail and I went and registered for the baby at Target and found a couple of errands to run, just for the sake of getting out of the house. I guess it can be a good day now!
well this is day TWO of me being stuck (yes, stuck) at home with the kids. ella was sick yesterday and now evan has a cold. aaaah! its so true what you have said. i get in a bad mood when i'm at home for too long. going out and doing something seems to break up the day better. the past 2 days have been very long for me....and bad too!
i like how you seem to tie in your posts to music!! :)
I agree 100%. Marty is a SAHD right now and his car was in the shop yesterday, it said it was a very long day. He wasn't really planning on going anywhere, just the thought that he couldn't. Needless to say, they are meeting me for lunch today.
I will admit, I too am a Lisa Loeb fan. I feel better now that that's out.
I love you blog by the way.
I'm in the very midst of one of those long stay-at-home days! Plenty to do but don't really feel like starting the laundry, doing the dishes...good perspective Melissa-its not a bad day today, just long!
Post a Comment