Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Gainesville Group

So we're not all in Gainesville and never were, but in my mind, sometimes I still refer to us as such. We're an eclectic group of gals who attempt to gather monthly to keep up with each of our ever-changing lives. Some of us are in the working world, some of us stay at home with children, some of us are starting families and some of us have sent our children out into the world. It all started when I was the "funder" and they were the "providers," but over the years, it has turned into so much more. We've worked together, played together and even traveled together - oh those fateful trips - Indianapolis, Dublin (do they have a suite?), Jekyll Island above right (workshops, what workshops?), Dahlonega (Camp Glisson - how did we survive?), Brasstown Valley (massages anyone?) and numerous others across North Georgia. They've been with me through most of the major changes in my life: buying my first house, loosing a job, changing jobs, getting pregnant (sitting through dinner with me waiting for me to find out if I was pregnant, hosting the most beautiful baby shower ever photo left), becoming a stay-at-home mom, getting pregnant again, and having another baby (hosting a lunch/shower on the day I delivered - thankfully I didn't deliver in the "boonies"). And today we gathered to discover that our group is growing again - two pregnancies! We started out with no children in our group, then two of us got pregnant (and delivered our boys nine days apart) and now our offspring might outnumber the grown ups! As we looked at new curtains and a new baby today, we laughed at how different we are. But something special still holds us together and for that, I am very thankful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how precious to have such a sweet group of friends!

Anonymous said...

I am so greatful to have this wonderful group of ladies!! You all are truly special- and it is exciting to see our cirlce expanding!

mary