Thursday, August 24, 2006

Don't Talk to Strangers

Rick Springfield was on Regis & Kelly a few weeks ago - it's was 80's week and each day they had an 80's artist perform promoting the new We Are the 80's collection - Rick got to do several songs and Don't Talk to Strangers was one of them - love, love, love him (hint hint - birthday, christmas). I had the "45" of Jesse's Girl and the B side had Carry Me Away - I played Carry Me Away on my little record player over and over - it had a "bad word" and being a girl in elementary school, I thought that was so dramatic!

Back to Don't Talk to Strangers - we visited Mitch's work yesterday and I am always amazed at how babies just smile and talk to almost anyone. Apparently they haven't learned the dangers of talking to strangers or smiling at them or cooing at them. Miles Avery will smile at anyone who will talk to him for as long as they will talk to him. He doesn't even care if they are talking to him - I was reading Mason a book while nursing Miles Avery and he heard my voice, realized he had been spoken to (in a roundabout way) and just started to smile - which makes eating very difficult! He's three months old now and I know we will teach him to not talk to strangers, but right now, he's having the time of his small life!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meliss,, he is so cute I just want to eat him up!
I'm sorry to say that "rick" was my sister's heartthrob-my favorites were Bon Jovi and Bryan Adams.

keri said...

i've been listening to 80's music all day...i just heard def leopard and motley crue. haven't heard rick yet. miles is changing so much already! such a sweet smile...he should show it off to everyone, even if they are strangers. smile away, miles!

Anonymous said...

Look at that smile Melissa! He reminds me so much of my boys. He has the dark hair like Tyler did and the smile like Jackson. One of my favorite things was nursing Jackson and having him look up at me and smile, go back to eating, look up and smile...even thinking of it now makes me tear up.

Lisa said...

That picture made me laugh out loud. He is too cute and has already changed so much! Thanks for sharing!