I came home from a meeting a church last week and I saw our exersaucer out. I asked Mitch about it and he said Miles Avery had been sitting in it. Oh my gosh - I couldn't believe this! My tiny newborn baby is certainly not ready to sit in such a big baby toy and we never even discussed it. But when I saw him in it - I could tell that he loves it. He wants to stand up so bad! Why oh why? What is there to see that he can't see from a laying/boppy/tiny baby position? Everything, I guess. But I'm still a little anal about the saucer - checking the clock and only leaving him in it for a very short time - much to his dismay. How could these past three months have flown by like they have? It's almost time for those darn shots again! And we've been planning a trip for Christmas and when I do the math and realize how old he'll be by December - it blows my mind! This whole Labor Day weekend thing really got me thinking - this was when we conceived little Miles Avery - so he's unofficially been around for a year now! Does Hallmark make a card for that? Does he get a party? Yeah, I guess so - and I guess he'll have it in his saucer!
...that's how my family used to be described by my then four year old son (he's the medium one, baby brother is small, daddy is big and guess who - mommy - is the girl).
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Let's Get Physical
I came home from a meeting a church last week and I saw our exersaucer out. I asked Mitch about it and he said Miles Avery had been sitting in it. Oh my gosh - I couldn't believe this! My tiny newborn baby is certainly not ready to sit in such a big baby toy and we never even discussed it. But when I saw him in it - I could tell that he loves it. He wants to stand up so bad! Why oh why? What is there to see that he can't see from a laying/boppy/tiny baby position? Everything, I guess. But I'm still a little anal about the saucer - checking the clock and only leaving him in it for a very short time - much to his dismay. How could these past three months have flown by like they have? It's almost time for those darn shots again! And we've been planning a trip for Christmas and when I do the math and realize how old he'll be by December - it blows my mind! This whole Labor Day weekend thing really got me thinking - this was when we conceived little Miles Avery - so he's unofficially been around for a year now! Does Hallmark make a card for that? Does he get a party? Yeah, I guess so - and I guess he'll have it in his saucer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
um...a conception party...sounds a little too weird for me!! :)
i know what you mean about the saucer...i held off for a while, you just think they are always too small for things. i just never want them to get bigger...but they do. darn it.
It's amazing how quickly they grow isn't it?
Happy one year conception day?
Nothing like a blog to bring out our personal unmentionables!! Happy C.D.! love that baby boy and medium-oh alright... and Big and Girl!
Let's get it on...let's get it on. Marvin Gaye the sound track of miles avery's conception. So ummm how do you celebrate conception day? Is it like a people who renew their wedding vows? Hehehe Miles it's good to have you here little man, and try to slow down a bit with the growing, it's making mommy sad.
Post a Comment