Thursday, March 08, 2007

Bye Bye Baby, Baby Bye Bye

I'm going to leave Miles Avery overnight for the very first time (I'm leaving him with my husband, so I'm not concerned about his care), but it's way sooner than I left Mason overnight. I've learned that it's only your first baby that gets to remain a baby the longest. Miles Avery has been doing everything sooner than Mason did and in some respects, I expected that - he's got someone bigger to watch all day long. But it still breaks my heart. Mason didn't use a sippie cup until after his first birthday! I didn't leave him overnight with Daddy until he was 15 months old (and I was literally 5 minutes away). But Miles Avery got teeth sooner, crawled sooner and it looks like he's going to wean sooner. I know that he's got many more exciting phases to look forward to and experience, but the end of the nursing period is a very tough one - especially for a nursing nazi like myself. So, I'm going away this weekend and I'm so excited about the trip, but I know that I'm leaving something behind that I can't recapture.

3 comments:

keri said...

i'm sure little miles avery will do just fine. i hope you will be able to enjoy yourself and not be anxious. it IS hard leaving them the first time...you feel so attached and it's hard to let go!

Lisa said...

Hope you had a great time on the women's retreat! I can't believe you're already talking about weaning Miles Avery-wasn't he just born?? I know that will be hard for you. Ava is already growing up fast to me too!

Robyn said...

I know how hard it is to leave them for the first time. I hope you had a gret time at the retreat, I wish I could have been there this year.