I am a freak about tummy time. I read about it while I was pregnant with Mason and from then on, I was sold. I wanted my baby to have strong neck muscles (and avoid that flat head issue), so on a regular, daily basis, Mason had official tummy time. And now, it's Miles Avery's turn! So the other day, I announced to Miles Avery that it was Tummy Time (so he can keep up with the schedule of the day). Of course, he was thrilled. But what was so funny is that Mason came over and requested Tummy Time too. Now I like to think that Mason remembers from his own infancy how important Tummy Time is and wanted Miles Avery to have that same experience, but no, Mason just wanted Tummy Time. The look on his face was priceless as he realized that Tummy Time wasn't near as exciting as he thought it might be (since Mommy was making such a big deal of it) - but a photo moment, nonetheless!

5 comments:
i love how you put tummy time in italics as if it were an official name or something. see, if you would just let your babies sleep on their tummies...then they get LOTS of tummy time :)
Does Miles Avery just smile all the time? He seems like such a happy baby-not that you would post pictures of him crying! Abigail did have the flat head issue, so we'll probably give Ava more tummy time than we did her. Love the picture!
What a cute picture. My kids slept on their tummy, so they had plenty of tummy time.
Well Melissa, I'm glad you have remained strong in the fight against SIDS! My boys slept on their backs until they could roll over onto their stomachs-it was my nazi mommy thing-for that stage atleast. We tried hard to keep Jack on his tummy to keep his head round, poor guy it didn't work out so well for him. But Miles has a lovely round little head-I am very jealous.
I just want to eat those sweet boys! Really loved singing wiht you the other night-wanna start a girl band?!( jk...kinda)
Post a Comment