Wednesday, September 20, 2006

ITCHY ITCHY OWIE OWIE BOO BOO!

ITCHY ITCHY OWIE OWIE BOO BOO!
Everybody gets ‘em. Yep, we all do.
Accidents happen! Some bugs bite.
But a little kiss’ll fix it! And help make it right!
So every time you get one, Go ahead and cry...
ITCHY ITCHY OWIE OWIE BOO BOO!

This is Mason's new favorite song - it's by Katherine Dines and we first heard it on SIRIUS radio and then Mommy had to search the internet to find it (making me very late for Bible Study yesterday). But he loves it and it's fun to sing, so there you have it. Although Mason certainly doesn't need any invitation to "Go ahead and cry" - he's a crier (I think Mitch has another word for it that I won't mention here). But today, it was Miles Avery's turn to cry, four boo-boos, four month shots! Owie Owie! But the good news is that he's average. Average height, weight and even head! Makes a mom proud! And a grandmother even more proud since I know she's not convinced that this whole nursing thing really works! But of course, it does and he's growing and he's healthy Praise God. He's such a special little boy - full of smiles for everyone! He even smiles when Mason is crying, which has to be by the power of God in his small life! I love watching Miles Avery's eyes dart around trying to keep up with Mason's rapid movements and I love hearing Mason talk to Miles Avery in what we think must be his baby talk voice because it's high pitched and crazy-sounding, but Miles Avery loves it. Miles Avery has gotten into the habit of being very chatty during our dinner (which is an improvement over crying throughout our dinner) and Mason will ask "What's he saying?" And I just smile and say "Baby Talk" at which point Mason will start to try to communicate with Miles Avery and dinner gets very loud which just seems to be the volume level at our house.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I just want to munch on that boy! What a cutie-pie!

Lisa said...

He is so sweet and growing so fast...miss him and Mason-and you too! I hope Abigail and Ava have as much fun together as your boys do!

Anonymous said...

Look at that smile...I think you just stuck those band-aids on there to pass him off as an immunized baby!