
Love that Huey Lewis... As Mason and I played in the backyard today (for practically the first time since May when we played kickball while I was in
active labor with Miles Avery- it's been way too hot), it dawned on me that
play is Mason's job and he's quite good at it. Now I'm sure I knew this before today - but watching him today convinced me that he should rec

eive Employee of the Month or something - he takes his job that seriously. He's so busy - way more than 40 hours a week! He's pushing the dump truck, riding his bike, swinging, pushing the swings. By the way, I posted recently that I had put Miles Avery in the outside swing for the first time - well, I put him in there again today - then looked and the weight thing said "at least nine months" - well so much for Mom of the Month. Back to my eager beaver, he's playing with everything we own and still looking around, learning new words, figuring out how stuff works (wind has been the latest hot topic), bascially multi-tasking. And I sit there in a lawn chair, amazed and little worn out just watching him move from thing to thing and idea to idea. Where does he hold all that information? How does he remember things I've only told him one time? Why does he insist that pinecones are pronounced pinecorns? How does he make just hanging out in our backyard so much fun? We have a little area that has his swingset and a thing for him to climb on and today he called it his playground. I told him that his bike would roll better on the deck and he said "No, playground." We had such a fun time outside today - which was nice because all summer I've tried to get him to go outside and play and he said "Inside." With our heat, who could blame him? But today, there was a great breeze and I loved seeing him raise his arms in the air and tell me, "I feel wind."
3 comments:
I love those cool sunglasses and I love the cool(er) weather! Cherish the "pinecorns", they won't be around forever!
great post! that age is really so fun...i am amazed too, like you, how they retain all that information. and they have great memories!! e & e love to lay on those "things" (i don't know what to call them) at little mulberry. :)
I agree, it is nice that it's cooling off a little so we can go outside. The heat has been unbearable and Abigail begs to go outside just about everyday. I say no, mommy gets too hot! Isn't this such a fun age though? Abigail amazes me too that she remembers things I've told her once, two weeks ago. Their little brains are so amazing.
Post a Comment