Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Feliz Cupleaños

It's February which means it's the official birthday month. Mason's due date was Mitch's birthday, but we were really shooting for a Leap Year Baby. Too bad my babies always seem to arrive early! So Mason came on the 23rd and Mitch is the 27th. And two of my friends were pregnant with me as well, so the February babies abounded in 2004 (I guess we were all doing the same thing at the same time). And what's even more funny is that the same two friends are having two more babies this February!

I've discovered that your first child's birthday is really more than the celebration of the anniversary of their birth. It signifies a change in your life forever - when you became a parent. I wondered why Mason had been talking about his birthday since the day after Christmas and then I realized that it's because I've been talking about his birthday since then! It's a big deal and I hope his 3rd is everything he wants it to be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie! I can't believe # 3 is almost here, which means #3 is almost here for me as well and 5 and 8!

Anonymous said...

Look at that sweet baby, I love it!