Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me

I am not a very creative mommy. I love to play with my boys, but I don't pride myself on being very innovative with our playtime. So when I got inspired to help Mason become a pirate yesterday, I was pretty proud of myself. Mason got foam swords for Christmas and we're having lots of fun with them. He's gotten the pirate sound down, Arrgh and at breakfast this morning, Miles Avery even sounded like a pirate! So the pirate movement is sweeping our household - it's amazing what one cute book from the library can do to a young imagination!


(Note Miles Avery's vantage point during the sword fight; smart boy)

3 comments:

keri said...

very creative! :) i'm so proud! and i'm sure mason loved it!
my kids just got done watching the pirates episode of backyardigans. and evan has the little people pirate ship and he got the backyardigans bathtime pirate ship for christmas. so there are a lot of "aarghs!" around here too!

Anonymous said...

you're a brave, brave woman! Someone would probably end up bleeding real blood if we played pirates at my house!

Anonymous said...

Ok I thought I posted on this but something must have gone awry...Go Miles way to dominate the situation I see CIA or FBI in your future! BTW time for a new post Melissa I have read this one three times!!!