Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Splish, Splash, I Was Taking A Bath...

Miles Avery has discovered the magical powers of the bath. I have long known the soothing sensation of soaking in the tub and am glad that I have passed my love on to my son. Although, he doesn't so much relaxingly soak as splash as much water out of the tub as humanly possible for a seven-month old (he has recently been promoted to the big tub - no more baby tub). Just apporaching the bathroom gets Miles Avery in a tizzy - he wiggles with so much excitement, it's hard to get his clothes off. His vigor for tub time has even renewed Mason's interest - Mason has become much more of a typical boy about baths ("No bath, clothes on"), but the powers of the water cannot be denied and when Mason sees Miles Avery splashing and having a great time, he can't help but join in. It makes for a very wet bathroom and supervising parent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackson was exactly the same way and still is! All I have to do is mention bath time and he runs back there. Today I was on the phone and said something about it and he ran back there and waited for like 10 minutes-Dude doesn't give up. Tyler on the other hand says "no bath, go to bed"!

Lisa said...

So cute! Miles Avery is looking more and more like you I think. Abigail misses you guys-she told me the other day, "We haven't seen Mason in a while." She has quite the memory!