Monday, January 15, 2007

I hate myself for loving you...

I think I'm a good mom - I actually take a lot of pride in my skill level. But somehow, it only takes a few hours of single-momness and I turn into Mommy Dearest. Why? Mitch isn't here all day - he's only here for a few hours each night, but I guess those few hours are more important than I thought. It wasn't even 7 this evening and both my boys were in bed (they're usual bedtime is 8). Miles Avery had been crying since around 4 and Mason peed in the living room floor after his bath; we were moments away from a clothes-hanger scene. Now the house is quiet (they will probably both be up at 4am - bright-eyed and ready to take on the day) and I'm left here with my guilt. See, when you think you're a good mom, you've got a long way to fall when the truth rears its ugly head.

FYI - Miles Avery started to crawl today - big times!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor friend, you are a good mom! and I've been at the coat hanger moment a lot lately as well-maybe its something in the air...hang in there!

Anonymous said...

My baby does not crawl. He is small and adorable and he will stay that way forever. good that's settled. You're a wonderful Mom, I have often thought that I would die-by jumping off the roof- if Andy were gone and I had the boys to myself for more than 48 hours. Mitch is gone for 2 weeks and somehow you AND the boys seem fed dressed showered and gasp happy. I am baffeled. Oh and I laughed out loud at the hanger comment. I'm smiling even if you aren't right now...and if you need a break give me a call 2 boys 4 boys it's all a little hectic.

keri said...

we all have our bad mommy moments...and mine are MANY!! i really don't know how single parents do it! you are doing a great job melissa...

Lisa said...

Wow-Mitch is gone for two weeks? Where is he this time? I agree-somehow those evening hours with the hubbies give us our sanity. The days Jon has to work all day then has something at night are always really long for me. Yesterday was one of them-and I must say I was in a really bad mood when he got home last night! And that was just one night! I will pray for you to make it through!
Love,
Lisa