The boys at my house are quite the cheering section. They're already planning their signs to hold up at the race. Miles wants to make a go daddy sign (darn those creepy commercials that I thought we kept away from our boys). But thankfully, Mason reminds Miles that the signs need to say Go Mommy! That's my boy! In other news, Mason has his second parent-teacher conference tomorrow. The first one back in November was quite emotional - Mason and I attended together (Mitch was at the doctor with Miles & Merritt). When I asked Mason this morning if he wanted to attend the conference tomorrow he said no, that last one almost made me cry. I felt his pain - it almost made me cry too. It's hard to sit and listen to a stranger talk about your child. Mason is a great student - an excellent reader, so tomorrow should be fine (but I'll pack tissues just in case)!
...that's how my family used to be described by my then four year old son (he's the medium one, baby brother is small, daddy is big and guess who - mommy - is the girl).
Tuesday, February 01, 2011
Hip to be Square
It's Week 3 of C25K and my hip is sore! Not so sore that it's stopping my forward motion - but it's sore. Week 3 has me running for a full 3 minutes at a time - WOW! For a non-runner like me, this is unbelievable. It's great to hear how all the gals in the group are doing - we're all doing different methods to get us to the 5K, but on Saturdays, we're trying to run together. I'm eating less, running more and the weight is coming off. It's pretty exciting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I have that same hip pain, Melissa! Too many babies on that hip! Try lying on your back and squeezing your knees to your chest, many times a day. Keep going! You are inspiring!
Thanks for the advice - I knew it wasn't a running thing since it's been sore since I was pregnant with Merritt - makes more sense that it's a "baby thing!"
I plopped myself in front of the fire last night and did it over and over - felt good!!!
Post a Comment