Friday, February 25, 2011

I'll Make A Man Out Of You

Mason turned 7 this week.  I think I'm finally getting used to birthdays - a day to celebrate, reflect - not a day for dread or panic.  We had a LEGO NINJAGO party last Saturday at our church and on Mason's birthday, Merritt and I took cupcakes to his class at lunchtime.  Birthday dinner at Mason's choice: McDonald's (they give you toys with your food) and presents and cupcakes at home.  I think he felt celebrated - Miles had a tough time of it - wanting his birthday to be first.


 Mason (such a good sport) wearing the My First Birthday crown!

 Trying out the new birthday bike



In other news, C25K is moving right along.  I'd heard scary things about Week Five - so I approached it hesitantly.  There were three different podcasts for this week - usually there's one podcast per week and you listen to it three times before moving on to the next week - so I knew something was up.  Day One had me running for 8 minutes at a time and Day Two was 10 minutes a stretch, but Day Three was the kicker - 20 solid minutes of running.  Up until Week Five Day Three, there has been periods of recovery - times where you walk - even for just 90 seconds - to recover before your next run begins.  I love those times!  But yesterday was the end of recovery - 5 minutes of warm-up walking, 20 minutes of running and 5 minutes of warm down walking.  And I did it.  I didn't struggle or even want to quit - I just did it and I was so proud of myself.  In five short weeks I've gone from 60 second runs that almost made me vomit to a 20 minute run.  I'm almost there!

1 comment:

Ursula Krentz said...

Happy birthday to Mason! And congrats on making it to 20 minutes!! There used to be a time I could do that, but now I am winded just walking to the top of the parking garage at school.