Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Free Your Mind

Yesterday and today have been spent adding narrations to my budding author's books (Battle, The World of Bad Guys, Part One and Two).  The big boys started their books yesterday and as they drew the illustrations, they narrated and I wrote.  Mason is great at assembling the books - folding and stapling.  We read Library Mouse earlier this week (he lives in the library and writes his own books that he secretly puts on the shelf for the children to read), so maybe that's where the inspiration came from.  It's fun to hear what's in my boys' head (and a little scary at times).  I do fill the role of editor as well (no, I'm not going to write that), but it's mostly their projects.  Merritt even got in on the action in The World of Bad Guys Part Two.

Here are our first editions - notice Mason's has a library label - fiction, AR level 1.2


In other news, I'm on to Week Five in the C25K plan!  I've lost 15 lbs and the big race is quickly approaching!

No comments: