Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hello, Goodbye

You say yes, I say no.
You say stop and I say go go go, oh no.
You say goodbye and I say hello

Miles Avery's vision was again being impaired, but saying goodbye to that mane is a tough one for this mom. Call it vanity or whatever, but having a child with trendy hair definitely fulfills something within me and I hate to get it cut for fear that someone will mess it up! I know it's just hair and that it will grow back, but Mason used to have baby fine hair as well - but after that first cut, it turned into permanent big boy hair and that's just not Miles Avery. Anyone who has seen him shake his Shawn Cassidy hair at dinner knows how much he too, loves his cool hair! So we will continue the search for the perfect hairdresser for Miles Avery's follicle needs.


And in soccer news, we've hit some hard times. We've gone from comic relief to drama. There were tears shed at last night's practice. Actually, both boys cried last night - Miles Avery fell and scraped his knee and Mason learned the tough lesson of playing defense. I saw the ball go in the goal and then Mason's lip quivering and I knew it was all over for us. Upward Soccer doesn't even keep score and last night was just practice, not even a game - so I know tougher roads lay ahead.

1 comment:

keri said...

hope you find that perfect hair dresser....for the boy with perfect hair! he is so adorable.
soccer still sounds fun...drama and all!