Mitch bought Mason a new bedtime story book at RTS last month and we're all loving how it tells the unfolding story of the gospel. The author uses language like rescue plan and that really speaks to Mason's heart! I asked him tonight what the rescue plan was and he answered, Jesus, Super Why, God. So it seems like he's getting the message - Jesus was God's rescue plan (Super Why is a new program for kids on PBS - not sure about the connection). Tonight's story was The Lord's Prayer. Today's Sunday School lesson was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat which was also the theme of the women's retreat I attended this weekend. Mason loves the coat story as do I. I've encountered it a lot lately (last year's bible study, a Francine Rivers novel) and the layers keep peeling away, challenging and encouraging me.Speaking of challenging and encouraging...

2 comments:
i heard about that bible from my friend katie. it sounds terrific. and we know exactly who super why is...my kids LOVE singing the super why song. i love mason's answer!
(have you watched the new "Word World" show on PBS? it is really cute and my kids love that one too!)
We have that Bible and we like it a lot too. And Abigail also loves Super Why! It's perfect for her as she is learning her letters and the sounds they make. I don't feel too bad about letting her watch it because I know she's really learning!
Post a Comment