Tuesday, October 09, 2007

And I've never been to Boston in the Fall

Well, now we have. But the weatherman must not have known that we were trying to see Boston in the Fall because it was HOT up there! I was hoping for crunchy leaves, a parade of autumn colors, crisp air - basically, Fall. But despite the lack of autumn color, it was a beautiful city and I wish we could have spent more time exploring. We took the Duck Tour which was a great way to see everything (quickly) via land and sea! We saw the Harvard Crew Team practicing. We spent one afternoon and evening in Boston and one afternoon driving up the coast. On the coast, we saw The Perfect Storm home of Gloucester (and the Gorton's Fisherman). The coastal towns were gorgeous with homes with amazing character. One distinctive feature about the Boston area was the ability to make me feel under-educated. The area is home to over 50 colleges & universities and you definitely feel it. My fancy private- school bachelor's degree felt like an old, tired GED. The Red Sox were also at home in the playoffs, so all around town, tvs and radios were on and everyone was wearing their home team colors.
The boys were well taken care of by Mitch's parents (thanks Granpa & Granma). And upon arriving home, I fell victim to strep throat (what is it with me going away and having some medical issue?).


Our hotel had a garden outside

The City view from the water (duck tour)

Mitch hard at work

Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

3 comments:

keri said...

looks like so much fun! i've never been to boston but it is definitely a place that i have always wanted to visit!

Anonymous said...

I love the duck tour! we did it at stone mountain, did you get duck whistles?-not signing in b/c I get kicked out of gmail so I will sign.
Sara

Sammy said...

Looks like a great time despite the weather! Glad you guys got to go together.