Thursday, August 16, 2007

I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do

Ten tidbits you may not know about us for our big tenth anniversary:

  1. Mitch says in 8th grade when we held hands for the first time, he prayed and asked God to make me his wife.
  2. We had our first kiss on the 50 yard line of the Duluth High School football field.
  3. I knew we were going to be married and spend the rest of our lives together during a road trip to Waco, Texas in 1993.
  4. Mitch asked me to marry him by hiding the engagement ring in a pack of M&M's (which he carefully resealed).
  5. We had a brief 3 month pause in our engagement.
  6. We spent our honeymoon in Charleston, South Carolina.
  7. We spent our first anniversary at Walt Disney World.
  8. We originally planned to wait seven years before deciding to have children.
  9. We celebrated our five year anniversary with a cruise and trip to Walt Disney World.
  10. We celebrated our ten year anniversary with a cruise and stayed in the exact same room as our five year anniversary.
Wedding Day 1997

Opening Night April 2000

Housewarming August 2001September 2001 Berry CollegeMitch's Birthday 2002

Five Year Anniversary 2002

Community Group Christmas Dinner 2006

4 comments:

Lisa said...

It's so fun to see pictures like that. You realize just how much you have changed through the years! You and Mitch are such a great couple. It's obvious the Lord made you for each other. Happy Anniversary!

keri said...

fun facts! you have not changed very much over the years! mitch on the other hand has changed a bit :)...you guys are both aging well!!
happy ten years to you two!!

Sammy said...

Sweet, sweet pictures and a great story! Glad you had a great time celebrating!

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute! Andy and were in 8th grade together...and I think his mom is still praying that I won't be his wife. Happy 10 year anniversary!