Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Start Spreading The News

Mitch is gearing up to take a team from our church to New York City for a week. It's exciting because of all the teams he's lead on the field, he's never led one from our home church - so I can't wait to hear all about the amazing ways God reveals himself. But it does leave me a little nostalgic. Just a few months after Mitch started at MTW, we were invited to go on a vision trip to NYC. It was a whirlwind trip, but a great one. Neither of us had ever been to The City and we were with the best group of people. I was about 31 weeks pregnant with Mason and we knew this would be the last big hurrah before our family grew. We visited great churches, great church planters, great restaurants, great stores and saw Bernadette Peters in Gypsy. The team even indulged me with a trip to the Hello Kitty store on Broadway! So with all of that history, I'd love to go on this trip with our team, but motherhood beckons...pray for safety & unity for our team and pray that I will continue to preach the gospel to myself while they're away.

In front of the Plaza at Christmas

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This trip won't be nearly as good as the last because you won't be on the trip with me :(

Sammy said...

Ahh sweet comment...we will be praying for all of you while Mitch is away!

keri said...

aw, i'm sure it will be hard to be at home all week knowing he is there!!

Robyn said...

I love, love, love NY. You and the whole group will be in our prayers. Can't wait to hear some of the stories too.

15010 said...

it was fun to have mitch here in NYC with us! Next time you will have to come as well.