Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue


I think we've reached the Crystal Gayle portion of Miles Avery's life. I don't think I fully understood the debate that's been raging around us until yesterday, when one of my friends (actually the absolutely nicest person I've ever known) asked me rather frankly about his hair. She rather causally said that everything I do has a plan and/or purpose, so the hair thing must as well. But I could honestly tell her that there's no plan or purpose. I'm not sure when we'll cut his hair - I'm not waiting on anything specific (visual impairment, first birthday - both milestones that have passed), I just don't see a need to cut his hair just yet (or a little trim as my mom puts it - like that makes it any less traumatic). Mason got his first hair cut two months before his second birthday. The pictures above are both roughly at 14 months. Mason obviously was the Loretta Lynn to Miles Avery's Crystal Gayle locks. I promise - no I solemnly swear not to let Miles Avery's hair grow to floor-length (even though Crystal was voted one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world in 1983).

3 comments:

Sammy said...

You should let it grow as long as you want-you know after the first cut he'll be sporting the short style for the rest of his childhood days!

keri said...

ok, key word in that last sentence is 1983!! it may have been cool back then to have long hair. rusty was telling me miles kept falling at church sunday and we were laughing cuz its probably that long hair in his eyes! but hey...it's your kid and you do whatever the heck you want....you know someday he will hate you for it though!! :) (especially the pony tail picture!!)

Anonymous said...

I think his hair ROCKS! It's so 2007!