I should have known that it couldn't last- my love affair with the sexy accent, my son's ability to stay focused for a whole hour & a half each morning. Today, it all fell apart. And I so didn't keep my cool. Mason just didn't want to be there, didn't want to play, begged to go home almost as soon as we got there. Poor Coach Richard kept trying to include him, but it's hard to include someone who's lying in the grass crying mommy, mommy. I even tried to leave once, thinking that he might do a little better without me there, but that only caused more drama. I pulled out all the tricks - kind sweet voice, tough love, snack, threatening to spank and/or call daddy - nothing worked. And Mason's old enough to pick up on my moods now - as we were driving away from the soccer fields, he said are you happy? and he knew that I wasn't.

5 comments:
Awww...poor Mason and mommy! Maybe next time will be better-as you have experienced,each day holds its own surprises!
LOL, I wish I could have seen that. I know, I know... My day is coming!
well at least you got a cute photo...love that second one where they are all sitting on their balls. (soccer balls that is!!!)
sorry it was a rough day!
I totally feel your pain and know that helpless feeling. At music camp VBS this week Abigail insisted on using the pencils in the back of our pews to write on the envelopes, also from the back of the pews, instead of singing with all of her class. I tried to take them from her, but when she began to pitch a fit, I told her fine, she could write with the pencils. It wasn't worth the embarrassment!
I like seeing how the progression of soccer camp blogs comes. First we are going to go and we are excited, we go-it was fun, we hate hate hate it! later blog, it was the death of us all as Mason begged to be put in the hot car by himself!
Post a Comment