Miles Avery discovered the backyard today. He's been playing on the deck for months now and recently, he's climbed off the deck and quickly climbed back on, but today, he climbed down and just kept going. As I watched him crawl across our backyard, in the grass, then pinestraw, it crossed my mind that I would have never let Mason crawl around in the grass. But Mason would have never arched his back and screamed in anger when I tried to redirect him. As I undressed Miles Avery for his evening bath, I noticed some scratches on his little leg and wondered how on earth he could have gotten those - then I remembered the backyard incident. No guts, no glory!...that's how my family used to be described by my then four year old son (he's the medium one, baby brother is small, daddy is big and guess who - mommy - is the girl).
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Into the Great Wide Open
Miles Avery discovered the backyard today. He's been playing on the deck for months now and recently, he's climbed off the deck and quickly climbed back on, but today, he climbed down and just kept going. As I watched him crawl across our backyard, in the grass, then pinestraw, it crossed my mind that I would have never let Mason crawl around in the grass. But Mason would have never arched his back and screamed in anger when I tried to redirect him. As I undressed Miles Avery for his evening bath, I noticed some scratches on his little leg and wondered how on earth he could have gotten those - then I remembered the backyard incident. No guts, no glory!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
True true. All little boys need some scratches and scrapes to add character to that baby soft skin.
Your backyard sure looks nice. Looks like a great place to play. Won't be long before Miles Avery is chasing Mason around in the grass!
Post a Comment