Up, down, up down - the disco dance of nighttime nursing seems to have come to an end. Miles Avery has consistently been sleeping through the night this week. He's ten weeks old today, so he's on schedule. You never realize how much sleep you do and don't need until you have a newborn baby to care for. I like to sleep - I never pulled an "all-nighter" to study in college. Waking up several times during the night to feed a tiny infant is challenging, but you get up the next morning and function fairly normally - which amazes me. And now that we're getting a full night of uninterrupted sleep, we get up and still function fairly normally. Amazing!
...that's how my family used to be described by my then four year old son (he's the medium one, baby brother is small, daddy is big and guess who - mommy - is the girl).
Friday, July 28, 2006
No More Disco Fever
Up, down, up down - the disco dance of nighttime nursing seems to have come to an end. Miles Avery has consistently been sleeping through the night this week. He's ten weeks old today, so he's on schedule. You never realize how much sleep you do and don't need until you have a newborn baby to care for. I like to sleep - I never pulled an "all-nighter" to study in college. Waking up several times during the night to feed a tiny infant is challenging, but you get up the next morning and function fairly normally - which amazes me. And now that we're getting a full night of uninterrupted sleep, we get up and still function fairly normally. Amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah to sleep! I'm with you on liking my sleep. I never pulled an all nighter either! Miles is such a cute little guy and was so good today in his baby bjorn!
You must be in heaven!! Good job Miles!
i don't think i ever function normally the next day after interrupted sleep. that is why i don't like the newborn stage very much! i can't believe you never pulled an all nighter in college. i did it a few times and it was NOT fun. anyway....yay for miles...and for you!!!
Post a Comment