Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Lion Sleeps Tonight

Miles Avery slept overnight in his crib last night for the first time! Such a big step - he's been sleeping through the night lately and we made the decision last night to let him sleep all night in his crib. It amazes me how fast babies move from stage to stage - each step closer to independence. As a mom, you want your children to grow and thrive, but it's so hard to trust that process to God. Worry creeps in at each and every corner. You try to find security everywhere - ("Is the baby monitor working properly?"). But Miles Avery didn't seem to be struggling with fear last night - I guess I know where the phrase "sleeping like a baby" comes from.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are not alone Melissa, I checked on both of my kids until they were 13 months to make sure they were still breathing. I always thought there was too much static on the monitor and just needed to be sure. 13 months because that's when they say you don't have to worry about sids. I was also the nazi mom that made her kids sleep on their backs until they could roll over. It was wretched for eveyone involved!