I love the mall - I've loved going there as far back as I can remember. My parents used to let me take my doll (Cabbage Patch, of course) and her stroller into the mall - on a Saturday, no less. How embarrassing, not to mention cumbersome, for them. As a teenager, I loved the mall - never as a hang-out, but a place to seriously shop. And now, I still love the mall - Macy's especially - even though it pains me to call it that - in my mind, it's still Rich's - even though my credit card begs to differ. I just returned from a visit to Macy's (if I don't visit at least once a week, someone from Customer Service will call to verify that I'm still alive). I love the price checkers and I love the bottom of the receipt where it says "Total Savings." Today I spent around $40.00 on four shirts for my husband and my "Total Savings" read $178! Amazing - such an exhilarating experience. Two weeks ago, I found a sale rack of baby clothes and when I checked out, everything was an additional 50% off the sale price - I was floating on a cloud. When I returned home, I just kept staring at my receipt and looking at all the items I had laid out on the back of my couch for display! Luckily, my husband loves me, knows and accepts my addiction, and plays along when I return from Macy's with all my sought-after super deals. It's such a rush - I guess finding something for a great price is my "drug of choice."
...that's how my family used to be described by my then four year old son (he's the medium one, baby brother is small, daddy is big and guess who - mommy - is the girl).
Saturday, July 29, 2006
Drug of Choice
I love the mall - I've loved going there as far back as I can remember. My parents used to let me take my doll (Cabbage Patch, of course) and her stroller into the mall - on a Saturday, no less. How embarrassing, not to mention cumbersome, for them. As a teenager, I loved the mall - never as a hang-out, but a place to seriously shop. And now, I still love the mall - Macy's especially - even though it pains me to call it that - in my mind, it's still Rich's - even though my credit card begs to differ. I just returned from a visit to Macy's (if I don't visit at least once a week, someone from Customer Service will call to verify that I'm still alive). I love the price checkers and I love the bottom of the receipt where it says "Total Savings." Today I spent around $40.00 on four shirts for my husband and my "Total Savings" read $178! Amazing - such an exhilarating experience. Two weeks ago, I found a sale rack of baby clothes and when I checked out, everything was an additional 50% off the sale price - I was floating on a cloud. When I returned home, I just kept staring at my receipt and looking at all the items I had laid out on the back of my couch for display! Luckily, my husband loves me, knows and accepts my addiction, and plays along when I return from Macy's with all my sought-after super deals. It's such a rush - I guess finding something for a great price is my "drug of choice."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
well what husband wouldn't like that drug when it involves you buying him something!! :) i still call it rich's sometimes...atlanta is just not the same without rich's!! hey, i like your hello kitty photo...its so YOU!
Amen sister! Amen Rich's, Amen finding a deal!
I am a Rich's kind of girl too! Oh and a firm, firm believer in retail therapy! LOL
You're hilarious and I am also newly addicted after my last big trip!
Post a Comment