Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ye Wretched, Hungry, Starving Poor

It feels like I've been pregnant a long time - which is new to me. My other pregnancies flew by and folks would ask if I was ready and I would always say no. It's much easier to care for a baby that's in your womb than outside! But even though we held off announcing and tried not to make it the topic of every conversation, it still feels like a long time (maybe it's because we got pregnant in the winter and it's so stinking hot now)!
So I'm doing the weekly doctor visits now - which cramp my schedule, but the boys love it because they get to either go to work with Daddy or visit Nana. Mason will randomly ask if I need to go to the doctor in hopes that he will get to go somewhere fun. If you ask Mason when the new baby is coming, he'll say when I go to preschool and the other day he asked if he could start preschool now so that the baby could come! Another fun fact - Mason thinks the new baby is a girl - he always says she.
Another reason this pregnancy might be feeling a tad long is that I'm always hungry! This gestational diabetes diet is for the birds! I can barely remember what a Coke tastes like, much less chocolate or (gasp) orange juice! Mitch and I like to get this yummy (Sinfully Delicious) cake from the Fresh Market for our anniversary, but I'm sure it would put me into sugar shock this year. But I dream about it while I eat sugar-free popsicles with a strange after-taste.
So we'll take our list of baby names to the hospital with us this time, along with a list of foods that I've been forbidden to eat...

1 comment:

Sara said...

Are you the pregnant elephant... ;)
only 20 days left if you don't count today, and you go early so maybe only 10 days left? I think you must take the risk of the sugar coma and have sinfully white cake and if you are in the hospital I will bring it to you on my way there!