Today, at lunch, Mason was one of those thousand tongues and I was speechless. He's been praying over our meals for a while now, but he repeats phrases after Mitch. After I served his lunch today, he announced he needed to pray and he folded his hands, closed his eyes and said, Dear God, thank you for today, thank you for our food, in Jesus' Name, Amen. I was on the phone with Mitch during this whole episode, so he got to hear a little of it as well. I think it might have been the sweetest thing I've ever experienced.But there is a close second - yesterday morning, Mason's head made surprise contact with my nose and for a moment, I thought the end was near. Mason kept saying, it's okay, then you've got tears, then I'm sorry, then I guess he didn't know what else to do, so he got up on the couch with me and said I love you Mommy. My nose still felt like it was going to fall off my face, but I tried to recover before he said something that would make me cry more!
2 comments:
That is so sweet. It's amazing how much they pick up on our words, isn't it? Sometimes it's scary, but in moments like that it's precious.
O for a thousand, o for a thousand...We're singing here at home too-Can't believe you didn't mention the nose incident last night-I didn't see any permanent damage so I guess that's good. Go Mason-bless that food. Next time you're over it's all you!
Post a Comment