Sunday, May 20, 2007

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes

How do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets,
in midnights, in cups of coffee
in inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.

Yesterday was Miles Avery's first birthday. How do I measure the past year? His exciting (and quick) arrival, Mason becoming a big brother, all the firsts, all the fun. This year has flown by - it seems like he's always been with us, but then again, it's like he just arrived on the scene. He's so different than Mason - in looks and personality. I'm voting for nature over nurture on this one! I'm amazed at how God has blessed our lives. For the LORD is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations Psalm 100:5


4 comments:

Lainey Bug and John Stanley III said...

"How about love....measure in love"
Happy 1st Birthday, Miles!

keri said...

happy birthday to you miles!!!
it seems that his first year did fly by quickly...he is adorable and we love him!

Anonymous said...

Go baby Go! you are cute guy.

Lisa said...

What a doll. He does seem to look much different than Mason, judging from the pictures. I'm sad it's been a while since I've seen him in person! I love the swimming pool picture especially. Happy birthday Miles Avery!