Thursday, May 10, 2007

How Deep is Your Love

Mother's Day 2006

This time last year, we were eagerly awaiting the arrival of our second baby. I wasn't due until May 30th, but surprisingly enough, Miles Avery arrived ahead of schedule and came just a few days after Mother's Day. So this is the last shot of my family as a three-some. Just like there is no way to prepare for your first child, I'm guessing there's no way to prepare for subsequent children. I was so worried about Mason - how he would adjust, etc. But listening to my boys entertain themselves this afternoon (by Mason putting on & taking off his sunglasses) reminded me that a mother's love is deep and expands with each addition. I am so thankful to be a mother - a mother of boys - a mother to my two precious sons.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

look at that-I think you're showing a little bit-ah no, just the wind blowing. Boys rule girls drool!

Lisa said...

I agree with your feelings about a mother's love growing. Somehow your heart can expand more than you imagine it could! You are a great mommy to your boys!