Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Sunrise, Sunset

Sunrise sunset, sunrise, sunset!
Swiftly fly the years,
One season following another,
Laden with happiness and tears . . .
I was ten minutes late meeting up my mom Monday morning because I was trying to take this picture. I think the neighbors thought I was taking pictures of them! Then Mason came outside to see what I was doing and he saw the pink sky and he was amazed, so I guess it was worth it. I've seen a sunrise before, but seeing it through Mason's eyes was something special. Recently he's become very into daytime and nighttime and dark and light and moon and sun, etc. I even got a book titled Day & Night at the library because he's so interested. He seems to get blue sky and sun are daytime things and black sky and moon are nighttime things. So recent events like being able to see the moon during the day and waking up to a pink sky - these things are causing him a little trouble, but it's so neat to watch his little mind try to process it all (while Mommy scrambles to find age-appropriate, but truthful answers to his questions). I keep saying that this stage/age is my favorite (whatever stage/age Mason is at) - I hope I continue to do so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep saying the same thing about Abigail-this is my favorite age! I love seeing her discover new things and being able to really communicate with her more and more. She has really become my little buddy!

Anonymous said...

Did you tell Mason the pretty sky is due to the pretty polution? Yeah, I didn't think so-My dad saved that one for me until I was 21...Very sad day. On the bright side or pink side we get to enjoy it either way.