Saturday, October 14, 2006

My Favorite Things

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things


So those were Maria's favs, not mine. I love the striped Old Navy hat. I mean I really, really love it. I loved it when I bought it for Mason, I loved it when he wore it (and he wore it all the time - from when it was too big and covered his eyes, to when it barely brushed the tops of his ears). And now I love it on Miles Avery. My boys have completely different skin tones and eye colors, so the beloved hat looks totally different on each of them. But I still love it. It's a great hat. And now that's it's cooler, we have lots of photo moments with the hat - like today. Mitch wanted to go to the mountains today, so we headed to Amicalola Falls. It was a perfect day for it. And Mason climbed to the top of the falls without crying or falling or wanting to be picked up - it was amazing! And a nice man offered to take our picture!

Amicalola Falls

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the hat too, but it might have something to do with the little boys underneath. What a good idea to go to the falls- I love it there and we haven't been since before we were married-Maybe we will have to make the trip up there too.

Robyn said...

I love seeing the kids bundled up for Fall, the hat (and the boys) are just so cute. Glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Was that your Burt's trip? Cute hat, I have one of those that I made each boy wear way too long!