Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Hello Sunshine

We've been on the road for the past two weeks!  Week One was our denomination's yearly General Assembly in Louisville, Kentucky (a town I'd never visited) and Week Two was our family vacation to the beach (back to Mexico Beach which we fell in love with last year).  I felt like I stayed on the weight watcher wagon in Louisville - exercised daily and make fairly good choices at meals, but when I weighed in that Saturday, I was up two pounds!  I'm on 6 week maintenance - so I need to stay within 2 lbs of my goal to become a lifetime member (i.e. not pay).  So, instead of tightening the reins on vacation - I instead ate everything in sight.  We arrived at the beach along with Tropical Storm Debby - so a few initial days of crazy blowing rain.  And eating.  And more eating.  I thought we might need to come on home because I'd eaten all the food we'd packed.  But when we woke on Tuesday morning - sun was peaking through the blinds - what a joyous sight!  It was a fun two weeks, but it's great to be home (and tackling laundry)! 

July is here and although that means another whole month until school starts, I'm already getting anxious, dreading sending them all to some sort of school this year.  I held a chunky baby boy yesterday at the pool - I didn't try to nurse him (but I sort-of wanted to).




No comments: