Monday, April 04, 2011

Saddle Up Your Horses

That's right - Mitch and I entered the lottery (right after I finished my first 5K) to run the Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta July 4th.  And we got in!  I've lived in Atlanta all my life so the Peachtree (and the tee-shirt you get for running it) is quite a symbol.  We watch it every year on tv and every spring I think about entering, but I don't.  It's a 10K!  That's 6.2 miles!  And until recently, it was an immpossibility.  But as my friend dubbed it - it's the summer of the run.  This is the summer to run the Peachtree - I got a lottery number, then I got a Peachtree number.  I've got a husband who is willing to travel down this road with me.  I've got grandparents willing to watch my boys while I do this crazy thing.  This is indeed the summer of the run!

And in other (but equally exciting) news - Mason earned his Accelerated Reading hat last week.  He had been working on it since early February.  He was on the school's morning announcements and we all got to go to school and watch him be presented with his hat by his principal.  Now he earns pins for the hat and all the students who have earned theirs wear them proudly each Monday! 

No comments: