Monday, April 18, 2011

He's Going the Distance, He's Going for Speed

Mitch took the training wheels off Miles' bike yesterday!  It was so exciting!  I wasn't sure if he was ready, but he took off like he knew just what he was doing!  Those training wheels are so noisy - now he's got a smooth ride! 
Proud Mommy & Miles

Prior to all the bike riding excitement, Mason, Miles and I hit the Egg Hunt at Miles' school.  We had crazy storms the night before, but Saturday was a beautiful day!  Miles brought a manly-camo bag for his eggs, but it got small fast and I offered up my nice Hello Kitty bag!


And the running is still on!  Saturday morning, I ventured out of the neighborhood, out onto the highway (just to get to the next neighborhood).  There was a wide sidewalk, but it was still very exciting (at 8am!).  Successful run this morning after dropping Miles at school - ran 3 miles with the jogging stroller (which I feel counts as double mileage).  I pack Merritt a snack and he seems pretty content to ride for the 35-40 minutes it takes me to do the one mile loop 3 times at the park near Miles' school.  It's not my favorite way to run - with a child, with a stroller, but it's working for my schedule right now.  Down 28lbs! 

No comments: