Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I Haven't Got Time for the Pain

I love a good delivery story. And of course, when you just recently delivered, you get asked how your delivery went - how long were you in labor, did it hurt, etc. Having gone el natural these last two births, I get the pain question a lot (especially with the 9 plus lb baby)!
With Merritt, contractions began around 12:20am, I talked to my OB around 2:20am, we arrived at the hospital around 3:15am, they broke my water at 3:51am and Merritt arrived at 3:56am. All in all - a solid morning's work! When we were admitted, the dr ordered all kinds of tests and monitoring, but it didn't take too long (but too long for my taste) for everyone to figure out that there wouldn't be time (or need) for fetal monitoring, ultrasound, I.V., etc! Honestly, I think fighting with the crazy blood pressure cuff and the nurse attempting to put an I.V. in my hand (while I was having contractions) was the most vivid pain memory I have!
So that's how Merritt arrived and he's settling in quite comfortably into our family. Today is Mitch's first day back at the office; my first day home alone with all three boys and it has gone remarkably well (so far)!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Glad it's going well and when we get together next I'm after the gory details! Glad Merrit is doing so well and that everyone is adjusting well-it gives the rest of us on the way to number three some hope :)
Now is Mama ready for preschool tomorrow?