Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Be True to Your School

I am now officially a mother of a preschooler. Mason's first day was today and he was so excited, there wasn't time for me to shed a tear. After a breakfast of pancakes and bananas (with whipped cream for good measure), he was dressed and out the door. The school bus was coming up our street as we were getting into our car and Mason asked if he was going to ride the bus to school! We got to school, got into the carpool lane, Mason's teacher came and got him and he was off - he didn't even wait and walk in with his teacher! Mitch, Miles Avery, Merritt and I went to the first day of school brunch where Miles Avery figured out that Mason was staying at school and he was not. Mason had a great day and we celebrated this evening with a trip to Ben & Jerry's!

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm hoping be true to your school isn't some Duluth song and I'm just out of the loop! Do you remember that song "the roof, the roof, the roof is on fire"? We sing Duluth, Duluth, Duluth is on fire around here :) Go Blue Devils!

Melissa said...

Oh you young thing - it's the Beach Boys!