Monday, December 31, 2007

So Tonight We're Gonna Party Like It's 1999!

Doesn't seem like that was almost 10 years ago. Let's see - what were we doing New Year's Eve, 1999? That song came out in 1983 - I was 10 years old - so I don't think I was making hard & fast plans at the ripe old age of 10! But in December of 1999...
  • Mitch and I had been married a little over two years
  • We were living in an apartment
  • Mitch had just graduated from college that spring
  • He had been singing with the Atlanta Opera for about a year
  • We had just attended the Young Married's Retreat at Perimeter Church and started attending there regularly shortly thereafter
  • We had not even considered having children yet

Even in our child-free lifestyle, we still didn't party like it was 1999! Honestly, I can't even remember what we did. Must not have been very memorable! But here's a picture from December 1999:

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was preparing for my last semester of high school New Years Eve 1999 :)

keri said...

we spent the night at my sister's house with some other friends...played games and wore goofy 2000 glasses. we were all worried that life was about to be over with all the Y2K hype.(not really) :) r and i had been married almost 2 years and were living in tucker.
i guess thats enough information!
happy new year!!