Monday, March 21, 2011

Who Wouldn't Wanna Be Me?

And the sun is shinin'
This road keeps windin'
Through the prettiest country
From Georgia to Tennessee
And I got the one I love beside me
My troubles behind me
I'm alive and I'm free
Who wouldn't wanna be me

I ran 5K last Saturday (actually a little over just for good measure).  The big race is this coming Saturday and this is Week Nine of my C25K (the last week).  I kept preaching just work the plan - don't worry about the distance - but I wonder if deep inside I doubted that I could really do it.  My goal was to be able to run the entire 5K on race day - no walking and I've run 5K twice now (Saturday and this morning) and I should be able to do it Saturday (with my fan club in attendance)! 
In addition to running Saturday morning, Team Gindlesperger completed some major outdoor projects:
The biggest project was building a roof for our fort and adding chalkboard walls and a sandbox.  The fort hadn't been getting much use lately and the long-term plan was always to put a roof on - so Mitch made it happen this weekend.  He did a great job - the boys were playing in it last night until it was time for bed.  

1 comment:

The Krentz Family said...

Congratulations, Melissa!!