Monday, March 14, 2011

So Blessed Are We, Savior Lord In Loving Thee

In the hours of pain and sorrow,
When the world brings no relief
When the eye is dim and heavy,
And the heart oppressed with grief
While blessings flee,
Savior Lord we trust in Thee!

Thou the Father’s best beloved,
Thou the throned and sceptered King
Who but Thee should we adoring,
All our prayers and praises bring?
So blessed are we,
Savior Lord in loving Thee

We sang this hymn yesterday in the morning service - such poetic, eloquent words and phrasing, but with a full rock-star band!  Mitch and I heard the artists perform the song live last summer at the original Grand Old Opry in Nashville and it struck a chord (literally). 
 
It hit 75 degrees yesterday - a beautiful Sunday.  We met some great friends at the park and they all played and visited while I ran - another 28 minute run - I'm on Week 8 Day 2.  It's tough - the entire time I'm running, I'm thinking about stopping.  The entire time.  From the time she says off you go to when she says you did it - all I can think about is stopping.  But I don't (or I haven't yet) and the race is just under 2 weeks away.  The gals are gaining quite a fan base and race day should be lot of fun!  Every time I put on my running clothes, Merritt says you go run?  It's very cute!  Mitch mentioned the other day that Merritt was at a cute age - he's talking non-stop all the time about everything.  Nothing goes unnoticed or without comment.  Mason is growing weary of daily school - he's ready for a break and the weekends are just not long enough!  Miles enjoys his MWF school schedule - with those crucial home days thrown in.  We're all looking forward to Spring Break.  Last year, we joined family at Callaway Gardens and took the pictures in this post.  Nana has invited the big boys for a sleepover during Spring Break - we'll have to make some other fun plans - maybe a visit to Stone Mountain or Lake Lanier.  Get out the SPF!

No comments: