Monday, February 25, 2008

You Say It's Your Birthday!

Four Years Old. There's no way that my first child is 4. There's no way that Mitch and I have been parents for 4 whole years. We're the parents of a pre-school aged child and it's a quite a tightrope dance - independence mixed with dependence.

Saturday was a day full of birthday excitement! Every day of the month of February, he would wake up and ask if it was his birthday and I think he was surprised on Saturday when it finally arrived. He's very excited to be 4 - he announces it on a regular basis to anyone who will listen. Mason was born at 10:38pm, making us wait the entire day for him to arrive - so I had some sympathy for his impatience waiting for his birthday to arrive.


1 comment:

keri said...

happy (late) birthday to mason! i, too, can't believe he is four already! that looks like a fun monster truck cake!!