Sunday, January 20, 2008

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful...

I was glad to see that the Atlanta Journal agreed with me (for once). It said that the last time we had measurable snow was February 26, 2004. I remember it well - it was the day we brought Mason home from the hospital and it snowed his first night home. I've been telling him this story all winter - I guess I was trying to prove that it does actually snow here, occasionally. So we were all excited when both Mason and Miles Avery got to experience their first snow. It takes a lot more work than I thought to get a family of four dressed appropriately to play in the snow (and then undressed and warmed up again when finished)! But we had a great time (both times)!

Miles Avery, Wednesday night, a little hesitant

Saturday Morning - he's got the hang of it now (especially snowball making)

Mason's First Snow Angel (although he makes them inside frequently)

Mason - after our walk around the block

3 comments:

keri said...

looks like ya'll had fun!!

Robyn said...

Send it my way!!! I'm glad y'all had fun.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it fun?! Julie was so excited - we threw snowballs and built a snowman (which collapsed an hour later - blame it on the architect :))